Comparison of e-Commerce platforms PrestaShop vs Shopify.
Choosing the right e-commerce platform can be difficult. Today’s market offers you several options. To make your store very profitable, you need to choose the solution that best meets your initial needs and that offers you all the features you need to develop. To relieve you of the burden of choice, we have prepared the comparison between two of the main e-Commerce platforms: PrestaShop vs Shopify.
Before we start, it is important to mention that no matter which solution you choose, it’s imperative to choose a reliable e-commerce agency, with extensive experience in the field and depth in its resources.
- No limitations on inventory amount, payment processing solutions
- No limitations on price rules, admin roles and number of stores
- No limitations on marketing features
- 100% scalable and customizable
- Best SEO in the industry
- Depend on 1,000,000 Open-source Community members
- Make your e-shop available in 65 languages
- 200 different countries use PrestaShop
- Every day 100 new online stores are created
- Only 1GB file storage
- Unlimited plan from $2,148/ year
- Shopify’s special coding language “Liquid”
- Need paid apps to have efficient SEO
- 83% of paid themes
- Less important native features (low stock notification, multi-stores, creation of newsletters, reporting section…)
- No access to core files
- Less themes and apps available
Main differences between PrestaShop and Shopify
PrestaShop is a powerful eCommerce platform with many possibilities. It’s suitable for both beginners who want to launch their online business for the first time, and for large online stores that have a much more extensive product catalog. Shopify, on the other hand, is a solution oriented towards beginners and retailers with smaller volumes.
PrestaShop allows you to create a multilingual online store and integrate your own translator, which will help you launch your eCommerce easily in other countries. PrestaShop is already fully translated in 65 languages. Shopify has no Spanish, French or Italian version, the tool is only available in English and if you want to launch in other countries you will have to do the translations separately.
PrestaShop Download is a totally free software with which you can begin to create your online store without costs or commissions. When opening an eCommerce with Shopify, you have 14 days of free trial, after which you will have to pay a monthly fee depending on the type of plan you choose : the basic subscription costs per month, the medium plan is and the advanced version 9 per month.
PrestaShop is an Open Source platform that will allow you to modify the source code and make your store evolve without limits according to your needs. Shopify, for its part, is a proprietary code software and in case you want to modify a functionality you will not be able to since you won’t have access to the code.
Already using Shopify and convinced by PrestaShop?
This comparison was updated on 11-07-2017. If you believe there is inaccurate information please do not hesitate to contact us.
Shopify™ is a registered trademark, property of JadedPixel Inc.